Wednesday 9 November 2022

Midjourney -- Version 4


Midjourney came out with Version 4 on November 5th, and it is a quantum leap over what they offered before.



Two Midjourney variations


I followed the advice from the Olivio Sarikas YouTube -- Midjourney V4: Turn YOURSELF into AI Art + Challenge!!!  -- and uploaded a portrait into Midjourney to turn it into a "marble bust sculpture."  I had created the portrait in Artbreeder last year:

I started with this fake portrait-that-doesn't-exist,


Midjourney prompt: "Marble bust sculpture"




Midjourney prompt:  "As a rock star with Metallica"


Perhaps the most amazing innovation is that Midjourney will allow one to mix two images (or more), by uploading the image URLS in the prompt, no text necessary: 

The result of mixing two portrait images



I then uploaded two images of fake Hendrick Goltziuses that I had previously created in Midjourney -- the top two images -- to generate the two bottom images -- as seen in the collage below:

The bottom row
are new images generated in Midjourney Version 4




I repeated the same formula to mix a fake Egon Schiele with a fake Alex Grey:





Then for fun I mixed the two results:





Then I mixed the above result with another fake Goltzius portrait:



Not quite fully rendered


Mixing architecture with old fake Egon Schieles:








A fake Asian drawing with a fake Michelangelo:





Crossing a chimera skeleton with a hologram cat:





I massaged the result with a depth map
to upload and view as a hologram in the 


I then mixed a fake Jacques-Louis David with one of my altered drawings:





A chimera ape with schematic hippos:











I went adventurous and mixed one of my fake drawings, with a transformation of that drawing (into a fake John Everett Millais in "Text 2 Dream" in Deep Dream Generator):






OTHER Generated IMAGES

Midjourney prompt: "Die cut sticker of a running man"
(second generation)


I uploaded the above Running Man image,
and added the Midjourney prompt: "Marble statue"


Input of the above image
with a fake linocut image

Input of an architecture image
with a fake Michelangelo image


Midjourney prompt: "Die cut sticker of sleeping man"


My AI portraits altered by the 
Midjourney prompt: "Two headed dog"






Mixture of THREE uploaded images,
no text prompt


The results from the new Midjourney Version 4 are so captivating that it is difficult to walk away from the laptop and go to bed.  

 A big thanks to Greebly, who is coaching me in Midjourney.


THOUGHTS

AIKPHRASIS PROJECT

BOMB magazine has an interview with some AI Art heavyweights in  an article posted on October 25, 2022 -- Making the Invisible Visible: K ALLADO-McDOWELL, Derrick Skye, and Refik Anadol in Conversation.  


It's very sobering to see how far AI Art has developed in two years.  And that makes the AIKPHRASIS PROJECT all that more significant.

Good AI Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.