HINDSIGHT ON THE EVE OF 2020
2019 marks three years since I firmly settled back in Albuquerque, and almost 10 years since I started this blog (March 10, 2010). It's time to look back, first at 2019, and then at what I've done in the past decade. Click on the photos or text below, for more robust information.
2 0 1 9 in R E V I E W
BEST DRAWINGS OF 2019
BEST SHORT POSE Drawings
BEST GESTURE Drawings
Note: There are certainly other drawings that should have made the best lists, and might have had I choosen them on a different day, in a different mood.
of the last decade
I have had a big hand in organizing several exhibiting print portfolios and three sculpture exhibitions since 2013.
2015 - Present
2017 - 2019
2014 - 2017
I have been really busy drawing, making catalogs, and organizing exhibitions in the last decade, right through the last three years since I set roots again in Albuquerque. I could barely keep up with 2019, but it was a very rewarding year.
At the moment I'm very overwhelmed with AI (artificial intelligence) and Instagram, and am wondering how to go forward with art in 2020.
I may have to start drawing on a tablet in 2020, like the Gaomon Pd1560. I'm also pledging to start oil painting again, and continue etching.
- SUMMARY 2019
- Exhibitions and other events of 2019
- AI Art Review
- AI Drawings (artificial intelligence) -- PART 1
- AI Drawings (artificial intelligence) -- PART 2
- Best Long poses of 2019
- Best Short pose drawings of 2019 -- PART 1
- Best Short pose drawings of 2019 -- PART 2
- Best Gestural drawings of 2019 -- PART 1
- Best Gestural drawings of 2019 -- PART 2
- Best Abstract-leaning drawings of 2019