Wednesday 14 December 2022

December 13, 2022

Drawn at Henry Morales' studio in Albuquerque:












John Tollett's drawings of the same model on December 10th, 2022 (a Santa Fe session that I missed).
John posted more drawings from the same session at this blog post.


PRINTS

Henry Morales printed two of the drawings I did that night, pressing into 1/8 inch expanded PVC foam with a ball point pen and some styluses:



In addition to digging in with a ball point pen, 
I used two styluses to gouge the 6x6 inch foam board


The nubby stylus on the right worked the best,
as it also peeled away the black paint
and exposed the white surface underneath,
so that one can see what he drew


My inked 6x6 inch foam plate


Sir Henry Morales used his old letterpress to pull the print


The salty background
actually helped the image




Henry rolled two colors onto the plate,
and improved the print




My second PVC foam plate drawing


Inking with red and black


The inked plate


The two colored print



Rich also gouged a drawing into the PVC foam,
but the lines were really shallow,
so we sent it off with Cody to see if he could print it



Celebrating a good night!!!



MORE AI ART CORRUPTION

I took a photo of the model and altered it in Midjourney using the prompt: "dancing machine":

Midjourney prompt: "dancing machine"









I hope that she will still talk to me.


In the spirit of printmaking, I uploaded the best result with the Midjourney prompt: "as a black and white linocut print":

Midjourney prompt: "as a black and white linocut print"




Then I refried the best generated image, uploading that to Midjourney with the prompt: "black and white coloring book image":

Midjourney prompt: "black and white coloring book image":


We could laser engrave this onto linoleum
and make a real linocut print of it


John Hogan used to teach art at UTEP, ~74-84

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.