Friday 21 May 2021

May 18, 2021

The Tuesday Night drawing group of Santa Fe drew together online using Zoom, because of the Covid 19 quarantine.



The above video was made with:

I drew all the figures in Paint 3D and altered the drawings in SculptGL -- all the grey decimated drawings can be downloaded (except figure "O"):
210518_figures.zip (4.74 MB)


A


B


C


D


E


F


G


H


I


J


K


L


M


N


O



I combined figure "O"


LASER CUT

Tim at VM Coffee cut out figure "A" with a Laserpecker portable laser cutter:

Figure "A: laser cut into cardboard


The Laserpecker is app driven
from a smart phone




Note:  Later we cut out shapes in newsprint paper with the portable Laserpecker laser cutter.  The laser cutouts would work really well in silk screening (as the newsprint adheres really well to the wet screen for several prints), using the Michael Roman print-collage method (who made unique silk screened t-shirts for Carlos Santana).



*****

3D PRINTING


Tim also helped me use the 3D printer at Quelab on May 22.

I altered my Southwest Print Fiesta 2020 print -- in Photoshop Elements 2021, 3D Builder and Paint 3D -- to create the 3D file to print:

Final print


The image we started with:


PROCESS

We printed on a DELTA ORION 3D Printer, after creating G-Code in Slic3r:









RECAP
  • I lifted the image from the print collaboration I did with Pavel Acevedo, using AI (artificial intelligence).  
  • I first eliminated the background and exported a transparent PNG file from Photoshop Elements 2021.  
  • Then I imported that PNG file into 3D Builder to extrude it and make it a 3D file.  
  • I added a 3D foundation block in Paint 3D.  
  • Finally I had to translate the 3D file into an STL file (3D Builder works), in order to import it into Slic3r, the software that exports G-Code for the 3D printer.  
  • We feed the Orion 3D printer the G-Code and it made the pink 3D print.

ANIMATIONS

I then made the animation below with a similar 3D file, to the one I created to print:



Below is an even better animation, derived from a print entirely done by Pavel Acevedo:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.