Tuesday 11 May 2021

EBSynth video of Fake Krrrl Drawings

 I altered one of my videos in EBSynth.




EBSynth is currently a free program that can alter a whole video from the style of a single frame.  This demo video shows off the full effect.


DOUBLE FAKE ALERT

I used the online AI program Deep Dream Generator to alter a still image from my FAKE video, and used that result to alter the style of the entire video, using EBSynth.

The original video was of FAKE drawings created in AI, which I aimed to further warp with more AI. Specifically I altered the first 250 frames of my video -- Krrrl Drawings Morphing -- from the long poses -- with a red colored still created by Deep Dream Generator.



The original black-and-white video is of FAKE Krrrl drawings -- generated by the AI program StyleGAN2 in Runway ML (3rd Model).  The video is a "latent space walk" of different drawings morphing, drawings that I did not draw.  I tried to explain all this in this blog post -- Artificial Intelligence creating Fake Bad Krrrl Drawings

The subsequent Deep Dream Generator treatment made the FAKE drawings even FAKER!


PROCEDURE
for making EBSynth video

  • First I broke the black-and-white video of FAKE drawings down into PNG images in Blender
  • Then I altered the 75th image (0075.png) in Deep Dream Generator, by transferring the style of my "red spaghetti image" in that online AI (artificial intelligence) program:

"0075.png,"
still from the original video
of fake Krrrl drawings


I applied the style of 
this "red spaghetti image"
to the fake KRRRL drawing above



  • I increased the resolution of the of the Deep Dream result to 1020, the size of the individual images from the video
  • Using "Layers" I blended the original image with the Deep Dream result in Photoshop Elements in order to tone down the style transfer effect
The "toned down" still image
that I used to alter the whole video
in EBSynth

  • I inserted that toned down result to EBSynth and created the video:
YouTube tutorial: EbSynth - Tutorial

  • Lastly I imported all the individual altered images into Blender, and used the Image Sequencer to export a video:

YouTube tutorial: [2.8] Blender Tutorial: How to Convert Images from Renders into Videos.


***


  • Check out this interesting approach to making an EBSynth video, how the artist dresses up the 3D character -- Cute DVA (ebsynth process)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.