Thursday 31 December 2020

Videos 2020

John Tollett and I both made a lot of relevant videos this year, while I posted others that had a bearing on what we were doing and thinking in 2020.  The most important are the three highlighted below: the 360° compilation, fake drawing playlist, and AI generated video.  Afterwards the videos are listed as posted in chronological order. Most, but not all, of the videos posted on my blog this year are listed.

 

HIGHLIGHT VIDEOS

  • The first YouTube video below is a two-and-a-half minute compilation of all six 360° videos I made this year.   They look great when viewed with an Oculus VR headset -- search:  youtu.be/nYjqdlLnZH4



One can also drag their mouse across the YouTube video, to change the angle of viewing on their computer screen.


  • The second is a YouTube playlist below of all the fake drawings that the computer made in my style, created in StyleGAN2 on Runway ML.







VIDEOS
in Chronological Sequence



























I made a bunch of 360° view YouTube videos:
















Mint n' Chip made the two videos of our Desert Triangle exhibition below:








I used the animation editing of Blender to make some YouTube videos:






John Tollett made a lot of videos aimed at the Santa Fe drawing group, and they are now posted on his blog.













Albuquerque's Mike Giant featured in a film about graffiti art in San Francisco, back in the days when I lived in that city (last year I went to one of Mike Giant's open drawing sessions in Albuquerque).



A Deep Fake video of President Nixon speaking to the public about the death of the astronauts, on the 51st anniversary of the landing on the moon in 1969.



I used AI (artificial intelligence) in Runway ML to get the computer to generate fake drawings in my style using StyleGAN2.  








John Tollett made some great "deep fake" videos:







John did not make this great interactive Bob Dylan video, of his signature song sung in parallel universes.













I videoed the tadpoles developing in the stagnant ephemeral ponds in the summer around the rail road tracks near the QueLab hackerspace.  Unfortunately the water dried up before the tadpoles developed into New Mexico Spadefoot toads.







I asked AI to "half-train" my drawings on images of birds, to see what the computer generated hybrid would look like.












KUNM Podcast about computer art starting in Albuquerque, mentioning Richard Williams, who wrote an early computer art program and used to draw with us in his later years.


My submission to the Aikphrasis AI art project organized by Holly Grimm:























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.