Saturday 22 August 2020

Fake Videos

I brought my drawing to life, and made other fake videos with an online program called First Order Motion Model.  It takes a still portrait photograph and animates it -- making the lips move, the eyes blink, and the neck bob.  It does this with AI by mapping out the motion of a video of another person talking, onto the still portrait.




Runway ML is hosting this program -- First Order Motion Model -- and it was in there that I made my drawing sing above.  See this YouTube video. (Runway ML cost money).

To make the above animation, I used a portrait drawing that I did on August 11th.







There is a free program in Google Colab that I learned about from Twitter.  This website takes one through the step-by-step method of creating the fake video from a still photograph (it did not always work for me).  I had to install 7-Zip to get it to unzip the TAR files, and get the whole program to work.

To make the above animation I downloaded a portrait from my Automated Art Generators blog posting. I started by downloading a portrait from the website This Person Does Not Exist, and then developed it further in ArtBreeder.  But I never expected to make that fake person sing.

Fake person smirking



Holly let me know about this program, and cropped my mug from a photo on my blog, to make a fake video.  Then we elaborated on it:










This fake video technology surfaced last month on the 51st anniversary of the moon walk, when MIT released a fake video of Nixon on TV telling the American public that the astronauts had died (which did not happen).  The speech was actually written, in preparation for the worse.


***

This interactive Bob Dylan video has fake pushes the deep fakes to many new layers; hit the left button on the screen to switch between scenes, without missing a beat!


***

Robert Atkinson of Albuquerque is doing very sophisticated video with this kind of technology.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.