Thursday 31 December 2020

Fake Prints and Fake Art 2020

FAKE PRINT

I made a Fake Print with AI (artificial intelligence) by combining one of my drawings with a print by Pavel Acevedo. I had the image cut out on a laser cutter and printed an edition at Remarque Print Workshop in Albuquerque to submit to the Southwest Print Fiesta Print Exchange in Silver City, New Mexico.




Then I submitted an edition of the fake prints to the Southwest Print Fiesta Print Exchange, which was exhibited in the Light Art Space gallery in Silver City.




PROCESS

I uploaded my drawing into Deep Dream Generator, and then applied the style of Pavel Acevedo's print to my artwork in that online AI (artificial intelligence) program.


is also in my book




The raw result from Deep Dream Generator is usually very ugly.  

The immediate result from Deep Dream Generator
can be very ugly


I then bring both the result and the original drawing into Photoshop Elements, and blend them together in layers, until I get something that I'm satisfied with.


Later, in October, I participated in Pavel's livestream on Instagram for Speedball.  He gave me permission to bite the style from his print.





Keeping it FAKE

The previous attempt below was too complicated to make a good relief print.  I started with one of my Fake Drawings, created by StyleGAN2 in Runway ML.  My lines are too thin, so I wanted to pump them up in AI.  That is when I first transferred Pavel's print style to my Fake Drawing in Deep Dream Generator.


I rejected the above image as it would not work well as a relief print.  The lines are still too fine to ink up, that is even if they even survived on an acrylic plate after the laser cutting process.


The1st attempt to make a Fake Print was after applying a nice mathematical pattern from Turtle Toy to my Fake Drawing.  I loved the result, but the pattern was too fine to survive the laser cutting process.






FAKER THAN FAKE

There are so many automatic art generators online now that I don't even have to start with my drawings to make Fake Art.


Below is a list of all the automatic art generators that still work, from the post -- AUTOMATIC ART GENERATORS


Also from the post aiK*RЯR*Lsisa text-to art-generator:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.