Sunday 11 July 2021

Vectorized for physical media

I converted some of my figure drawings into vector formats (SVG) so that I can paint or cut them onto/into wood and other physical media using CNC technology.  The downloadable vector files are highlighted in yellow.


I originally drew the figure below with an ink pen and it translated nicely into a vector image:






Usually I draw the figure with a pencil which makes it harder to translate into a nice vector image.  However I somewhat successfully digitally manipulated a pencil image to get a nice vector result below:





PROCEDURE
  • I applied the line style of the "ink drawn" figure (B) to a "pencil drawing" (A) using AI (artificial intelligence) in Deep Dream Generator, a free online program
  • Then I converted that result into a black and white image in XnView Classic -- Image/Convert to Binary/Binary (Floyd Steinberg) (C)
  • Then I converted that jpg result (D) into a vector image using Autotracer.org online, a free online program




Procedure:
A) Original scanned pencil drawing "A"
B) I applied the style of this ink drawing to "A"
C)  AI result after using Deep Dream Generator
D)  The image after converting it to "binary" in XnView --
I uploaded "D" to Autotracer.org to make the vector image



The resulting vector images below went through the same process.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.