Monday 10 December 2018

Side Busting at Art Basel 2018

Tanya "book dropped" at Art Basel Miami 2018, by placing my book  -- "Finish My Figure Drawings" -- in the middle of the convention center floor, to see who would pick it up.  


Tanya holding my book behind her,
sneaking it out  to the middle of the floor,
at the Miami Convention Center


Book placed in the middle of the floor -- 
a visitor looks down to see what happened


My abandoned book,
somebody stepped on it


The couple in the upper right,
picked up the book,
within 5 minutes of the plant






So we tried it again, dropping a second book in one of the nice rest areas at Miami Art Basel 2018.


Tanya planning the book drop


Tanya leaves my book
on the table in one of the lounges
at Miami Art Basel 2018


We lurked a bit to see what happened



A half hour later, 
the book was still there --
who knows what happened to this copy



Miami Art Basel 2018 was huge, but we enjoyed walking around aimlessly:



at Kurimanzutto of Mexico City


Richard Diebenkorn




???


I'm still not sure what we saw, it was a big blur.

Art Basel Miami was huge, so we just walked around in a daze for a couple of hours.  Most of what caught my attention were pieces by 20 century artists, like Giacometti, that I remember from art history.  I don't remember much straight up contemporary realism in Art Basel, but I do remember odd objects (see the gas canisters above) scattered throughout.

We also visited the Art Miami and Context art fairs, where it seemed like there was more traditional painting.

David Kassan's painting (right)
at the Gallery Henoch section
of the Context Miami art fair



We also visited Andrea Broyle's cube at the Spectrum Art Fair.




We also enjoyed all the print galleries at Ink Miami Art Fair:

Tanya in front of a pair of  Robert Longos
at the Hamilton-Selway suite of Los Angeles


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.