Monday 17 December 2018

December 17, 2018

Drawn at Mike Meyer's studio in Cedar Crest, New Mexico:

I tried another attempt at a soft ground etching while drawing from the live model.




I applied the BIG ground the previous Friday, 3 days earlier.  I FIRST brayered on the BIG grounds on a piece of newsprint, and then transferred the wet newsprint to the copper plate, like I did with the previous soft ground drawing (which I drew last Saturday -- I prepared this copper plate at the same time).














Again, after a 3 hour model session, I peeled the newsprint paper off the copper plate, and a clean reverse image showed on the back of the drawing (from the BIG ground I picked up with my pencil marks).



This "cleaner" drawing promises to etch better too:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.