Monday 10 April 2023

April 10, 2023

Drawn at Art Buddies in Albuquerque:


























AI

I was locked out of my main AI programs, namely Midjourney on Easter and Leonardo.AI the next day.

I managed to log into Leonardo.AI under a different handle -- "Krrrrl" instead of "Krrrl" (four "r's" instead of 3 "r's") -- which was strange.  Unfortunately Leonardo.AI recognized me as a different person, so I lost access to the models I had previously trained.  However I was able to generate figures in  my drawing style, using the only public model "Krrrl Lines 06":


Generating fake figures
using the public "Krrrl Lines 06" model, 
as the new user "Krrrrl"




I continued working in Leonardo.AI to generate the figures below:















 PROBLEMS
  • My Midjourney subscription did not go through, though I am sure I still had money on my prepaid Vanilla Visa Gift card.  So not I can't use Midjourney, as they stopped their free memberships recently.
  • I even tried another prepaid Vanilla Visa Gift card, and that did not work either. I confirmed once that I had $100 balance, but subsequently the online "Check Balance" site did not work, for any of my Vanilla Visa cards.  In the past it's always been down
  • I called their number -- 1-833-322-6760 -- and the automated service said there was a problem with both of my $100 cards.  I tried to talk to a customer assistant, but after a half hour on hold I had to hang up.
  • I think the moral of this story is that the prepaid Vanilla Visa Gift cards are not reliable, so I figure that I've lost all the money I invested in them.  They did not work to pay Midjourney this month, though they worked for February and March.  They did not work to pay Leonardo.AI, and I just figured that was because Leonardo is an Australian company
  • Midjourney will accept "Cash App Pay."  And both Midjourney and Leonardo.AI accept American Express, so maybe American Express prepaid gift cards will work.

PRINTS

I laser engraved the first image of this blog post at Quelab on April 12th:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.