Friday 15 April 2022

April 14, 2022

Drawn live at North Fourth Arts Center in Albuquerque.


Two drawings combined
and altered with AI



This was scanned, then edited in Photoshop Elements 2021
using "Enhance>Unsharp Mask" 
and "Enhance>Haze Removal..."






PNG with transparent background,
right click,"Open link in new tab" to see the image
(or download to see image)















Combo
made by overlaying the PNG of the first drawing 
(second image in this blog posting)
on top of the above drawing















PRINT




I almost enjoy carving now.  I discovered that the "V tool" can give me a variation of line thickness, which I was craving.  I also tried to erase the dark pencil marks after I cut, trying to get a better sense of how the linoleum would print:

I carved this at Slow Burn Coffee 
on April 23rd


Thoughts
  • Perhaps I should roll up the linoleum with water soluble black ink, and let that dry.  That way I could see what else I wanted to cut before printing.  I think this would be messy were I to do it with Akua.
  • Tandy Leather sells a "pull" tool, according to Dennis.
  • Rich says that Goop will clean the Akua ink off my hands
  • Julianna told me that there are two kinds of Cranfield Caligo safe wash inks -- Relief and Etching.  I like the Cranfield tubes
  • Perhaps drawing with a water soluble graphite would be a good way to create an image on the linoleum square before cutting.  



We printed Ken Romig's linocut:


Nice composition


Ken Romig


Lxs Dos from El Paso had a sculpture at the Coachella 2022:


  • Bigjpg -- AI Super_Resolution lossless, online program
  • Ganwerk -- it's interesting to see how he is pushing AI in Hamburg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.