Thursday 15 April 2021

April 13, 2021

The Tuesday Night drawing group of Santa Fe drew together online using Zoom, because of the Covid 19 quarantine.  The model was from the Washington DC area, and someone drew from Philadelphia.




Group pose


 





I encourage people to download and alter all the 3D files below -- 210413__GLB_Decimated.zip (3.56 MB).  They were all decimated into the smallest file size that I could make in 3D Builder (comes free with Windows 10), in a height of about 25 mm (~ 1 inch).

Each image below is of the same figure in three angles, from a 3D file created in Paint 3D.


A


B


C


D


E


F


G


H


I


J


K


L


M


N


O


P



Variations

Variation on "J"


YouTube tutorial:  Make Characters Fast With The Skin Modifier || Blender 2.91  (note: I had to export as an OBJ file, as the exported GLB file did not open in Paint 3D).


Another variation on "J"





3D PRINTING

 Immediately afterwards I 3D-printed the last drawing of the night at Quelab hackerspace in Albuquerque -- in PLA on an Orion Delta printer (by SeeMeCNC), using Slic3r software:


I printed the last image that I made in the drawing session
(drawing "P")


The print is covered by "support material"


The print was very small,
but it's my first 3D print in Albuquerque


Printed on an Orion delta 3D printer





 AUGMENTED REALITY Fantasy

What if one scanned the Bill Barrett sculpture head on, the one in the sculpture garden in front of the Albuquerque Museum.  Would that sculpture work as a "target image," and place some of my fake sculptures around the physical sculpture in Augmented Reality?  Can we do this with the Halo AR or Adobe Aero Mobile apps?


Mock up in front of the Albuquerque Museum --
of my augmented reality drawings/sculptures ("G" and "F")


NOTES:
  • The Augmented Reality "sculptures" probably would not throw shadows, and look strange next to the physical sculpture
  • The Halo AR app, and it seems all the other Augmented Reality apps, require at least an Android 8 operating system


As an experiment, below is a single 3D figure ("G") in Augmented Reality using the Adobe Aero Mobile app.  The augmented reality file -- 210413_Krrrl_drawing_G.real -- is only 324 KB.  It was created to be 20 cm tall (7.9 inches).


Update (May 2):

I ordered some 2" x 3" stickers -- "Rectangle Car Stickers" --  of the image below from MakeStickers.com.




The idea is that people with the latest iPhone can scan the AR Code, and my figure will immediately materialize in Augmented Reality.  They have to have the Adobe Aero Mobile app installed on their iPhone.

A Photoshop mock-up
of how my Augmented Reality figure 
would look in front 
of the new Art Vault gallery in Santa Fe


Mock-up of my sticker
below a paste-up in Santa Fe


Update:  My "AR Code" stickers came in on May 11th:


That same Augmented Reality figure could also materialize in Albuquerque.  

Mock-up of my Augmented Reality figure
in the sculpture garden
in front of the Albuquerque Museum


This figure in Augmented Reality


***

Figure drawings references online:

NOTE:  A year ago I started to push deeply into the realm of digital art, on April 13, 2020 with THIS POST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.