Monday 20 April 2020

Samba Dancing Drawing

In the spirit of pushing my drawings as far as I can, with the free software online, I got one of my figures to Samba dance.  It feels like she is dancing out of a Salvador Dali painting.


EZGif
Download "Samba Dancing.fbx," - 5.58 MB,
from Mixamo 
(soundtrack)


SketchFab



I added the free MP3 🎵 "Carnival de Brazil" by Doug Maxwell🎵  from YouTube Audio Library to the animation above.


These are on the online softwares I used to achieve the animation:


PROCEDURE


I combed through my best drawings of last year, looking for a frontal drawing to work with.



 Then I ran the drawing through Deep Dream Generator.




I combined the drawings in Photoshop Elements, by the Deep Dream drawing over the original, which thickens up the lines (Layers/Luminosity).

The Deep Dream result
blended with the original drawing


I continued in Photoshop, removing the background, adding a dark contour (Layer/Layer Style/Style Settings/Stroke), and saving the image as a PNG that was only 300 pixels wide (to keep the image small).

I made a PNG file in Photoshop Elements,
after removing the background


I imported the PNG file into Vectorizer, and exported an STL file (which is a 3D file).  Normally one would export an SVG (2D image file) with this program  Vectorizer also exports DXF files, which is what I believe the laser cutter likes.


I exported an STL file from Vectorizer


I checked out the STL file in STL Viewer online, and discovered that the limit was a 35 MB file.


After inspecting the 3D file 
I moved on


However, I needed an OBJ file, so I imported the STL file into SculptGL, and exported an OBJ file.


SculptGL
I exported the OBJ file from SculptGL
(download OBJ file here -- 17.59 MB)


Then I imported the OBJ file to Mixamo, and cycled through the various movement possibilities.

"Cheering While Sitting"
in Mixamo


I filmed the dancing/movement with my camera (perhaps I could have captured it with Cam Studio), and downloaded the movie to my computer.  In EZGif I was able to convert the movie into an animated GIF file, and crop the animation (as well reduce the file size), for this blog.


"Cheering While Sitting"
in Mixamo



EZGif 
"Belly dancing"
in Mixamo



Chrome casting from my laptop
onto the big TV screen
at QueLab


I first tried this procedure by making an OBJ file in Voxel Canvas  -- as you can see here -- and posted the results at the end of this blog entry (May 28, 2019).  Hmm...not unlike this voxel man in the YouTube.

One can also use YouTube Studio to make a YouTube video from what I filmed in my camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.