Friday 17 May 2019

May 16, 2019

Drawn at 3rd Street Arts in Albuquerque:


Update:  Printed by Henry Morales 
May 23, 2019
(Gamblin etching ink on lightweight Rives BFK)
Also this print


Simulation of what a print would look like













The bottom two
combined in Photoshop



Colored in PaintsChainer


Colored in PaintsChainer


Update (May 19):  I made a print at QueLab hackerspace in Albuquerque.

Less than stellar print


I didn't get the best print.  I used Akua ink on Hahnemuhle paper, and hand printed with the small Iron Frog baren.

I used Intaglio Mars Black Akua ink, with Akua Tack Thickner.  I never did achieve the nice snap sound when rolling the brayer over the ink, even on newsprint.  Also I did not wet the paper first.

Still, the print is good enough to give me hope.  I think this linoleum plate could make a nice print if printed properly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.