Saturday 11 May 2019

May 11, 2019

Drawn in the Argos Gallery of Santa Fe, etched there in the afternoon:


Etched in hydrochloric acid
for 1.25 hours


I used the B.I.G. ground, which I applied over a week ago, at the same time I prepared a plate for the May 4th etching.  I left both plates on the hot plate at Argos for 20 minutes.  Still, the B.I.G. hard grounds took my finger prints, like it did last time (but never before).  Perhaps the ground could have been "cured" more.  However, unlike last time, the ground did not feel rubbery when I scribed into it.


Most of the lines were made














Magnification of dense lines etched in copper
after 1.25 hours


This is the third time I have drawn the figure in the morning at Argos, and etched that figure in the afternoon.  All the etchings are starting to look the same:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.