Saturday 25 March 2023

El Paso Museum of History...and...


AMBOS LADOS

We had a marvelous exhibition for Ambos Lados at the El Paso Museum of History, opening on Saturday, March 18th, 2023:








We didn't get to make enough prints for the staff, so Manny pulled some very nice prints at his studio, from Sir Henry Morales's linocut:

Extra copies of the print by 
Sir Henry Morales of Albuquerque
printed at Horned Toad Prints in El Paso


Also we left a bucket of mostly Albuquerque prints with Manny, for his upcoming 8x8 pop-up print exhibition on May 18th:

We left twelve 8x8 inch prints with Manny, 



Desert Triangle
 Printmakers

I also checked in on some of the El Paso artists in the Desert Triangle Print Carpeta -- in particular,  Zeke Peña, Tino Ortega and Jesus "Cimi" Alvarado.  The University of Arizona Art Museum is showing the Desert Triangle in the second half of 2023.  


I returned to the Ambos Lados gallery on Saturday, March 25th, to see Zeke Peña's presentation of his book -- "My Papi Has A Motorcycle."

The gallery was packed 
for the book presentations
of Zeke Peña and Raúl The Third


Tino Ortega of the Desert Triangle Print Carpeta came to the opening.  Later I saw his spot on PBS while watching TV in El Paso:



I also checked out Cimi's new mural in progress on March 25th, for the Segundo Barrio Futbol Club, at 4th and Campbell:



Cimi's mural-in-progress
for the Segundo Barrio Futbol Club


Entering Texas
from the New Mexico state line


MORE PRINTMAKING

Deborah has the cat print by Alberto Cruz, which apparently is also part of the portfolio -- Gabinete Grafico Carpeta 11 Años -- 100 Artistas:




Alberto Cruz's print
at Deborah's house in El Paso


I'm jealous of Martin Quintanilla (also of the Desert Triangle) for his portable press in Pátzcuaro:

peddling his printing press
in Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, Mexico


On May 6th, 2023 there will be "Live Printmaking and a Studio Tour" in Las Cruces, New Mexico.  Chris Bardey sent me this flyer:

May 6th, 2023
in Las Cruces, New Mexico


Also Marco Sanchez informs me that his exhibition will open on April 21st, 2023 at the National Hispanic Cultural Center in Albuquerque -- Nexo Entre Raíces / Nexus Between Roots.

Also he is organizing a print fair in El Paso on July 28 and 29th, 2023 called -- El Paso Print Pachanga.


AI ART

AI Art is moving at lightning speed.

Mage.Space added a "Text2GIF"feature on March 23rd, 2023, allowing users to make animated GIFs from text input (but not image input, yet).  I made a video of all the animated GIF dancing sculptures I generated:



Mage.Space also got kicked off Discord on March 24th.


Leonardo.AI switched to a paid program on May 18th, 2023 (though they still have a free program, but with less credits).  They "upgraded" their program on March 9th, but that seemed to give me less control over tweaking my figure drawings in their program.  Nevertheless I am still getting interesting results in Leonardo.AI when I alter images with a model trained on my drawings:

Generated by Leonardo.AI
using one of the models trained on my drawings


Generated by Leonardo.AI
using one of the models trained on my drawings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.