Friday 18 March 2022

March 17, 2022

Drawn live at North Fourth Arts Center in Albuquerque.




















Drawings from the same session by:


PRINTS


My drawing from the last pose
to be carved


I carved the linoleum the next day
at Little Bear Coffee in Nob Hill
(the first night they stayed open late, until 9 PM)



I printed this on March 19th



BUCKET EXHIBTIONS

I hung a pop-up show of five prints during the drawing session:

Rich admires the print pop-up show
which included two of his prints


list of prints that night


The five 8 x 8 inch prints
 in that night's BUCKET EXHIBITION



I also handed out more 6 x 6 inch linoleum squares.  Babi Soto drew the model on one of the squares and almost finished carving it before the session ended.


Babi Soto
drew and carved during the drawing session


I also brought the Tortilla Press and printed in the back room.  However Babi Soto did not finish in time to get her piece printed.  Nevertheless I will be bringing the Tortilla Press for every Thursday night session for the coming months, until I get tired of it.


Babi Soto did  not finish before the session ended
but she got a good start


Bill Reynolds also drew the model
on a 6 x 6 inch linoleum square


Henry Morales showed off some of his prints in the back room, where we were printing:

Henry Morales brought some of his prints



Henry Morales buffalo print


I also tacked up the print by
Mario Alonso Perez of El Paso


EL PASO

Manuel Guerra also put on a BUCKET EXHIBITION in El Paso, at Alameda Art Salvage studio in El Paso, adjacent to the Horned Toad Prints studio. These are of the prints we made during the Ambos Lados opening in Albuquerque on February 6th, 2022.  He said that 80 people showed up (I believe the show was up on Thursday, March 17th).






I reached out to Amy Maestas on Instagram and asked her for an 8 x 8 inch print.  I have seen her selling prints during the downtown ABQ Art Walk as well as in Silver City:




I went to see Eric Romero talk at the Rio Grande Art Association (RGAA) on March 19, 2022.

Eric Romero (left) talking
at the Rio Grande Art Association


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.