Saturday 13 November 2021

Airy Figures -- Drawn by the Wind

I cheated to make my figures more "airy."  I used Deep Dream Generator to apply the style of the drawing from the previous blog entry.  


I applied the style of this drawing
to get all the altered figures below

However I had FIRST altered this above drawing with "Unsharp Mask."  Thus essentially I altered all the figures below with "Unsharp Mask" using AI instead of Photoshop Elements 2021.


Before and After




Before and After


















Download all the figures above in high resolution for printing (reduced with RIOT)  -- Improved_binary.zip (2.4 MB)

With this particular "style transfer," Deep Dream Generator seems to do the best job with faint drawings.  Therefore I first lightened some of the drawings in Photoshop Elements 2021 by reducing the "Opacity" in "Layers" (about 30%), before uploading to Deep Dream.

I often later blended the result with the original figure in "Layers" in Photoshop to get the best result.

These figures seem more airy and ephemeral, and adds and element of motion.  The variation in line value gives the figures a shallow relief, and often makes them look more elastic.

My aim would be to draw like the wind, both through and around the figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.