Saturday 22 March 2014

March 22, 2014

I took the milled Styrofoam figures from the Tucson Sculpture Festival 2014, to display in the window of HeatSync hackerspace in Mesa (near Phoenix) in time for their Southwest Maker Fest:





I marveled at the Roomba robot at the Intel tent, which was controlled by a Kinect and an Android tablet, using ROS robot software.  I asked the man in the tent if we could stand my Styrofoam figure on his robot, to make a sculpture essentially controlled by a cell phone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Nlm8TbbfE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4NtFfkkTHM



The Styrofoam figure was milled out by Metalphysic foundry in Tucson, from a 3D body scan by OpenSkan, made at the Tucson Sculpture Festival 2014.

I also talked to the guys in the Mad Fellows hackerspace tent, who showed me a chapter in ProArduino (written by one of their members), which allows one to control physical objects with a cell phone.

was also at the Southwest Maker Fest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.