Thursday 23 February 2023

Leonardo.AI Linocut

I made another FAKE print -- an AI Linocut print in my drawing style:




In Leonardo.AI I first made a model of my drawings -- Krrrl Drawings 01 -- trained on 30 drawings from my book.  Then I used that model with the prompt: "Linocut of a man and a woman" to generate the image below (I don't remember the base image I uploaded): 

I used "Linocut" in the AI prompt



Then I created a black and white image in Inkscape, exported it, and enlarged it in nightmareai/real-esrgan

I needed to eliminate all the grey values
before laser engraving the linocut



In XnView I inverted (Image>Map>Negative)  and flipped (Image>Flip>Horizontal) the above image before laser engraving, to get the image below:

I uploaded a large version of this image 
to laser engrave  (6440 x 6440 pixels)


I imported the above image to LightBurn to prepare it for the laser cutter, on February 23rd:



This is new laser software, but I used the old settings:

Speed: 150
Power Max and Min: 80


Then I sent to the laser cutter at Quelab:



The final cut took 
24 minutes and 39 seconds


I made a second pass, laser engraving a second time:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.