Tuesday 30 April 2024

APRIL SUMMARY -- 2024

During April 2024 I went to 16 different drawing sessions -- participated with BIG INK as they made BIG PRINTS in Albuquerque -- and AI MUSIC surfaces big this month, while continuing to push ART ART.

DRAWINGS
















My collaborative drawing with Ken
remixed with AI

AI MUSIC

My friends are now writing decent music with AI:

Robert generated these songs about me in SUNO:
John Tollett generated this song UDIO:
I even made some music by uploading a coyote sound and getting Stable Diffusion Audio to turn it into music:

I uploaded a sound



PRINTMAKING

BIG INK

BIG INK passed through town on their "HISSTORY TOUR 2024," and our Albuquerque group made a big print -- Henry Morales, Ellie Weadock and Virgil Velasco:




AI ART

AI STORIES




My Drawing
 Evolving through AI



Two Leonardo.AI versions
from the above drawing


Two different "2D to 3D" programs --
give different 3D results

  • NOTE: CSM is now charging, though there is still a free tier.  It seems to be the best "2D-to-3D" program so far

Animating the same AI version of my drawing
transformed in two different AI programs --


AI CUT-OUTS

I recycled some cut-outs I made during the Covid lockdown in 2020, from gesture drawings I did on newsprint.  This month I ran those cut-outs through AI programs: 


Compounding AI X 3:  I then animated that result (the standing figure above) with Haiper (to get the animation on the left in the image below).  I then uploaded the Haiper animation to Viggle, to get it to animate my figure drawing:

I uploaded the Haiper animation from my cut-out (left)
to Viggle to animate one of my drawings (right)


KREA

The KREA image ENHANCER gave some interesting creative upscaling:




GADGETS

Adric brought in this cheap "LED hologram fan" to Quelab during one hack night, and it worked really well!  Not all images work, but strong graphic images translate really well, like my AI portrait below:


At about $25 apiece on Amazon, we could afford to buy a bunch of them -- and have an "Only Fans" AI ART exhibit (credit to Adric for that idea).

HACKERSPACES

I went to both MAKE SANTA FE and the 3D Printer Meet-up at QUELAB in Albuquerque, visiting both hackerspaces on the same weekend (April 20th and 21st).  The big theme was 3D printing with clay (which I had seen at UNM last year):




COFFEE HOUSES

Since I spend a lot of time making art at coffee houses in Albuquerque, so I blogged about all the places I like to slack at:

Novel Point in downtown Albuquerque
in the light of the partial eclipse on April 8, 2024

in the East Mountains


SOFTWARE

As always, I discover new art software online, especially as the AI ART programs get better and better:




PoseMyArt -- moveable 3D figures to draw from

MUSIC:
EzGif -- Combine GIFs side by side

Deblank --  AI color palette generator  (YouTube)

Viggle -- image to motion AI  (YouTube)

KREA -- AI image enhancer (YouTube)

InstaMesh -- 2d to 3D  (YouTube) (GitHub)

  • MESHY 3D image generator (gives you a few free credits)

Midjourney introduced random style reference (YouTube)
 -- sref random




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.