Friday 12 January 2024

January 12, 2024 -- Portrait

The portrait session on Friday nights is free, but the artists had to give their drawings to the sitter. This session was at Art Buddies in Albuquerque:







AI ART








The most interesting AI generation came from Leonardo.AI when I used an AI model based on my long drawings, and a prompt: "in the style of Bernini" to generated the 2D bust below:

Leonardo.AI
My AI altered portrait drawing uploaded to Leonardo.AI, 


2D to 3D

CSM

I thought that the drawing above of a sculpture bust would make a good 3D object, so I uploaded it to CSM and generated a GLB file in 3D.  

In CSM the "Preview Model" download (30 MB) came out a lot better, (with a texture projected on the face) than the final "Refine Model" version (1 MB -- perhaps the "refined" texture is better in the paid version).  However the "face texture" showed up in the Windows 3D Viewer preview, but not in Paint 3D --so I used OBS Studio to capture the motion from the screen:

DOWNLOAD: "Berninized_CSM.GLB" (718.20 KB)

I knocked the file size down from 30 MB to less than 1 MB (718.20 KB) in OptimizedGLB.  This GLB file would not open in Windows 10 with 3D Viewer, but it would upload to <model-viewer> to make an AR (Augmented Reality) experience.


Gaussian Splat

I also generated a 3D Gaussian Splat file by merely uploading the 2D bust in vast-ai/TriplaneGaussian as mentioned in the Curious Refuge YouTube:  AI Actors are Here! What Comes Next?  

"Splat files" do not open in any software I have access to (like Blender or 3D Viewer), so I had to open the "splat file" in 3D Gaussian Splatting with Three.js to download a turntable video of the "3D splat file" (which is much flatter than the CSM version):

DOWNLOAD: Berninized.splat (512 KB)



I also continued to "blend" the Bernini-esque portrait in Midjourney with other portraits generated in Leonardo.AI Realtime Canvas to see if I could get something closer to the model, but that approach did not really work:

A blend of the above image
with an image generated in


Plus I messed around with Midjourney and PIKA LABS to make videos in Discord:

My portrait after several AI alterations



non-sequitur


AI ART Programs


3D Clay Printers:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.