Saturday 6 March 2021

Pause

Maybe my style could be called "Abstract Figurative."  These are some random things that I have been exploring:





PURPLE AI

I attempted to create a specific "style image" to apply to my drawings, hoping that the AI (artificial intelligence)  program Deep Dream Generator would inflate and illuminate my line drawings with a single light source, and make them more 3D.

I first drew a "style image" figure in Paint 3D, manipulated the color and light in Blender, and used this sculptural figure as the source to transfer its style to my other drawings in the AI program Deep Dream Generator.  Then I adjusted the result in XnView:


The Style Source













Colors adjusted using AI in Photoshop Elements 2021 (Enhance menu)




In January I also revisited the first drawings posted on this blog with AI using Deep Dream Generator.


Composition Experiment


PNG figurative experiment


Composition experiment


I combined the two images above and let AI animate them with Adobe's Sensei AI feature in Photoshop Elements 2021, and reduced the huge resulting GIF (24 MB) into a small Webp animation with EzGif (1 MB).


I uploaded in Webp format,
but oddly enough it downloads as a GIF


MONSTER MASH

I used the Monster Mash demo to quickly and easily create a 3D file of my drawing.  I imported one of my drawings as a "template image" (folder/ "Import template image...") and then traced around forms with a mouse, inflated them, and exported the 3D result as -- OBJ, MTL and PNG files.  


Monster Mash automatically 
added the drawing textures to the forms,
and exported the package as OBJ, MTL and PNG files


Then I dragged all those files together (using the "Shift" key) into BlackThread.io to convert them into a single GLB file, which would import into Blender, where I made the animation below:




John Tollett posted the quick collaboration on his blog, the one I did with the above Monster Mash figure and his drawing animated with MyHertiage online software.


The Monster Mash demo also lets one animate easily within the program, but I could not figure out how to export that animation.*  Therefore I just captured it with the OBS software:




*UPDATE:  One can export the animation as a GLB file!

Export the 3D figure with textures and animation
as a GLB file in Monster Mash


  • Note mouse issue:  Pressing the middle scroll wheel on my wireless mouse turns the forms in 3D space.  However when I release the middle wheel button, I get ejected from the Monster Mash demo, and go to the previous webpage in my browser (both in Chrome and Edge). This seems to be a Windows 10 issue. 
  • Someone else had this problem -- "Scroll wheel always triggers 'back' function in windows 10."  The recommended solution is to install X-mouse and disable the "mouse button 4 and mouse button 5 keys," which I have not tried yet.
  • I can get around the problem by right clicking the Monster Mash link and choosing "Open link in new tab" (or right clicking the bookmark in Chrome, and "Open in New Window") -- that way there are no previous webpages to go back to. This work around is also good for when I'm editing a 3D file in Clara.

3D COLLABORATION

Robert Atkinson collaborated with me in Blender.  I drew the live model in Paint 3D, exported the GLB file, and then imported that file into Blender.  I sent Robert a blender file through a GDrive link --Collab__210302.blend (39 MB)

He altered the 3D drawing, and sent me the revised Blender file (34 MB).  I animated that revised figure, and made the animation below in BlenderI posted the animation as a Webp file, but it seems to download as a GIF file:





LINKS

Here are some links to some contemporary art that I resonate with:

  • Gastaloops by Nicola Gastaldi  -- nice red compilation of short animations
  • Funny Loop Animations -- I especially like "Geometric Walk Cycle by Aslan Almukhambetov for Fireart Studio"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.