Monday 22 July 2019

AI Serigraph Experiment

I want to make a serigraph of one of my drawings altered by Google's Deep Dream Generator, and artificial intelligence program online.

In this case, I would like to silk screen the line drawing on top of the silk screened color file created by Deep Dream Generator (both files below are 8784 x 10480 pixels):


Line Drawing


Raw Deep Dream Generator file




***

The result should give me an image like the one below.  I combined the two above images in Photoshop to create a stronger image.  I layered the line drawing over the raw colored drawing, and faded the line drawing to 20 percent opacity.


Combined 
38.80 MB -- JPG
708.63 MB -- PSD


I need to blend the original line drawing with the colorful variation created by Deep Dream Generator, in order to revive some of the definition of the original.  Usually the Deep Dream Generator image is too blurry, and loses some impact.

My idea is to do the combining in silk screening, rather than in Photoshop.


Earlier I printed the combined images (blended in Photoshop), 21 x 18 inches, at Graphic Sky Printing in Santa Fe -- and the print came out nicely.  This is encouraging.




Note that the result in Deep Dream Generator is a low resolution image.  I increased the resolution of the file with another artificial intelligence program online -- Let's Enhance.

I have been altering my drawings with online programs.  For a more elaborate explanation, go to this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.