Wednesday 10 October 2012

October 9, 2012

We made silk screen monoprints at the Sculpture Resource Center, working as a collective Taller sin Miedo.



Joshua squeezing water-based silk screen paint from ketchup bottles:


The paint pattern before pulling the squeegee:


Gonzalo slipped a print of a face under the silk screen, and then painted over the screen with silk screen ink:






 The image on the screen, after the squeeqee had been pulled:





Awesome print:



 I tried Cuni water-based encaustic paints, which I bought at the Miles Conrad Gallery, and painted them on the silk screen.  Then I squeegeed the encaustic paint over a print I had done previously:



The water-based encaustic inks were still sticky when I left the studio, hours later:



I also cut a mask in newsprint, and placed it over a print I had done previously:



This is what the monoprint looked like, after I squeegeed a background onto the print:



I colored this print with Caran d'Ache watercolor pencils and crayons, trying to figure out a color scheme:



Later I experimented by first making a color background with the monoprint technique, and then screening the drawing over it:



Gonzalo, monoprinted over a previous print:


Joshua made a large portrait with 4 monoprints:


Not a monoprint, but innovative.  The next day Gonzalo screen printed on Mexican bark paper (amate) and formed it around a piece of wood, to make a silk screen sculpture:


Joshua designed the collective's logo:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.