Tuesday 5 December 2023

December 4, 2023

Drawn at Art Buddies in Albuquerque:


































DEEP DREAM GENERATOR

Apparently Deep Dream Generator upgraded to "Version 3" on December 1st, 2023.  However they eliminated the "Style Transfer" option, which I thought was the best feature of the program.

I could still use "Style Transfer" if I changed the suffix of the URL -- from "generate" to "generator":


The "Style Transfer" does not change the basic structure of the input image, unlike the other AI Art programs.  

Moreover I need to beef up my thin pencil drawings first, with "Style Transfer" -- because the other AI Art programs generate poor images from thin pencil drawings.


The Difference
between the old and the new
Deep Dream Generator

I uploaded the first drawing in this blog post to Deep Dream Generator, and used both the old "Style Transfer" and the new "Version 3"  -- there was a huge difference in the results generated:





Second Figure

I uploaded the second image of this blog post, and used the old "Style Transfer" method:



However there are new features with "Version 3," such as "Remove Background" and "Inpainting:"

I then used "Remove Background,"
a feature of the new "Version 3"


I then collaged the above image, now without background, into a photo I took at the "O'Keeffe & Moore" exhibit at the Albuquerque Museum, and uploaded it to Midjourney to generate other variations:


The "collaged" image

prompt: "in the style of Henry Moore"



prompt: "in the style of Georgia O'Keeffe"

prompt: "in the style of Moebius"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.