Monday 25 December 2023

December 29, 2023 -- Portrait

The portrait session on Friday nights is free, but the artists had to give their drawings to the sitter. This session was at Art Buddies in Albuquerque:








The original drawing


I took a different approach, and drew with more of an Anthony Ryder approach, using a sharpened pencil which I held from the back end, drawing at a very oblique angle:



I also drew with a Blackwing pencil, which is not supposed to break in the pencil sharpener.  Plus I sharpened the pencil in the Blackwing Long Point Sharpener for extra security.  I hate sharpening pencils, especially when they break in the pencil sharpener.





If I draw differently, by holding a sharpened pencil from the back, do I have to sacrifice my style?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.