Wednesday 30 November 2022

Fake Henry Moores



How much influence do I have over AI when I upload my drawings? I uploaded several of the drawings I did in this month of November to Midjourney (version 4) with the prompt: "in the style of Henry Moore." Then I compared the generated results to see how faithful they were to my original drawing:


BEST FITS

These Henry Moore AI generations seem more faithful to the seed drawing I uploaded -- at least the AI preserved the flow of the figure. The pen + pencil drawings seem to translate pretty well:






***






***






***

















***






***







***








LESS FAITHFUL

These Henry Moore translations generated by Midjourney (version 4) are a little less faithful to the initial uploaded drawing, but interesting nevertheless.  Perhaps the starter drawings are a little less clear:







***

November 15, 2022





***







***





***







***







OTHER APPROCHES

I tried using the "Text 2 Dream" feature in Deep Dream Generator to transform my drawing into a Henry Moore, but it only generated a gesture from my thin lines:

Deep Dream Generator -- Text 2 Dream
prompt: "in the style of Henry Moore"


Sparse, and not impressive --
but Text 2 Dream did capture the gesture


I uploaded the best Midjourney result to DALL-E 2 and continued with "outpainting":





Then to complicate things by recursion, I uploaded the above DALL-E 2 outpainting images to Midjourney with the same prompt, and generate the four images below:

Midjourney prompt: "in the style of Henry Moore"






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.