Sunday, 21 June 2026

THE PRINTERS PLANET -- TAOS 2026

I went to THE PRINTERS PLANET in Taos on June 20th, 2026 (the more substantial post is on the BUCKET EXHIBITIONS blog): 



Poster at the World Cup Coffee
in downtown Taos

I finally got to meet John Wenger,
a retired UNM painting professor I've admired for decades


The Vendors Market ended
when the main tent blew over after 4 PM

Tim Jag recovering
at the end of the day




MORE PRINTMAKING

ENRIQUE FLORES, printmaker in Oaxaca, passed away on June 2, 2026:



This print hanging at the UNM PRINTMAKING Department says it all:

FAKE!

I updated Tanya's print with AI Animation -- which she first made for the YayBig Print Exchange, and then later painted it on the TUCSON wall in 2015 during the TUCSON SCULPTURE FESTIVAL:

Tanya riding a printmaking scorpion




VIRGIL

Virgil Velasco 
holding up the silk screen of his drawing
that Ellie burnt into a screen for him

Virgil Velasco made this marble print holder

FRANCISCO




The SOUTHWEST PRINT FIESTA will be celebrating their 10th year with a PRINT RALLY -- where selected printmakers will make a print edition in two hours, from start to finish:




This Cooper's Hawk skimmed my head with its talons, on the UNM campus in front of the printmaking department about 6:15 AM on June 20th, 2026.  I believe it was the same one someone posted on iNaturalist four days earlier. I was at UNM to catch a ride to Taos for the PRINTER PLANETS print market:

I took this photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.