Monday 10 April 2023

Enrique Flores and PRINT SANTA FE

PRINT SANTA FE is going on during the month of April, 2023:

ENRIQUE FLORES came up from Oaxaca for PRINT SANTA FE and for both and exhibition and talk at HECHO GALLERY in Santa Fe:

OPENING



Enrique Flores and me


Enrique Flores' print



TALK

Enrique Flores also gave a talk at HECHO GALERY on Saturday, April 8, 2023, which was posted on Instagram:

Frank Rose, director of HECHO Gallery
introducing Enrique Flores 
to begin the talk


Enrique Flores talking about his prints in Spanish
(the interpreter is in the middle)






Workshop

Enrique Flores made a print at Ron Pokrasso's studio while he is in Santa Fe.  Thanks to Julianna Kirwin for sending me these pictures:





Ron Pokrasso
printing for Enrique Flores


MONOTHON

PRINT SANTA FE revived the MONOTHON for a week, April 1 - April 8, 2023 in six different print shops. I visited the MONOTHON at the print shop of the Santa Fe Community College on April 8th.  



Mike Kimball (with coffee)
running the Monothon at the Santa Fe Community College




Tons of color


Wiping out ink from a glass plate
(before adding different colors to the design?)



 

In the next room Stan Berning was making a monoprint.  


Stan Berning is having an Open House for PRINT SANTA FE on April 29th, 2023, from 1 - 5:30 PM.


Earlier in the week (April 4) I visited Black Rock Editions, where Timothy Nero was making a print for the MONOTHON, assisted by Joshua Orsburn:

making a monoprint at Black Rock Editions

Both Stan Berning and Timothy Nero have drawn with us at Argos Studio/Gallery before the pandemic.


I also took the Relief Printmaking Workshop with Tim Pauszek on April 7 2023, which was part of PRINT SANTA FE:




MOBILE ART
(Aside)

I also parked next to Stan Berning's "Art Box"van in the parking lot.  



I love the idea of mobile art studios and galleries.  Last summer of 2022 we showed prints in the Axle Contemporary mobile art van:


I have been using my Honda Fit as a portable art studio, sorta, since I bought it in 2008.  Below are pictures I posted from Slaton, Texas (just outside of Lubbock,home of Bobby Keys, saxophonist for the Rolling Stones) with my portable paint set up:

picture taken in Slaton, Texas



  • My Honda Fit is a Tardis, as it is bigger on the inside than on the outside

These days I have shrunk down even further to be more mobile, from a Honda Tardis to an Art Bucket.  I can carry up to 13 small framed prints in this Igloo bucket -- BUCKET EXHIBITIONS -- and have print pop-up exhibitions in small venues, on the fly.



Contemplating a BUCKET EXHIBITION at the Santa Fe Community College:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.