I generated 3D objects from my 2D images using TRELLIS2 GGUF locally, after we installed it according to these instructions inside ComfyUI on the computer at Quelab with 16 VRAM:
Download: "fragladyhorse.GLB" (1.08 MB)
Download: "horserider.GLB" (1.70 MB)
Download: "azteccar.GLB" (1.47 MB)
Download: "fuzzybrain.GLB" (2.21 MB)
PROGRAMS
I use the following software to turn the 2D files into 3D objects:
- KREA (especially the Realtime feature)
- Trellis2 GGUF
- 3D Builder (if I needed to remove the base)
- BLENDER (if needed -- decimate)
- Paint 3D (to make a turntable animation)
- EzGIF (to turn the animations into animated GIFs)
- Free Online GLB Optimizer & Compressor (to reduce the file size)
- GLB Compressor (this reduces the file size even further)
- babylonjs (to view the 3D files of all, including smaller, byte sizes)
- These GLB files can be uploaded to <model-viewer> to generate AUGMENTED REALITY packages (that have to be hosted on a server to view on a smart phone)
- AR Repair (explains the line of code that has to be switched from the AR html file, in order for the Augmented Reality to work)
All the GLB files are available from my GDrive and are Public Domain as far as I'm concerned
The 3D Files
for download
Download: "seatedmanwithwings.GLB" (1.12 MB)
Download: "layingman.GLB" (1.26 MB)
Download: "sittingman.GLB" (1.50 MB)
Download: "hiphop.GLB" (1.30 MB)
Download: "flyingcoupledancers.GLB" (582.05 KB)
Download: "horsetwoguys.GLB" (1.80 MB)
Download: "fragmentedlady.GLB" (1.39 MB)
Download: "ladychicken.GLB" (1.26 MB)
Download: "sittingfrac.GLB" (2.36 MB )
Download: "fuzzybrain.GLB" (2.21 MB)
Download: "azteccar.GLB" (1.47 MB)
Download: "zebra.GLB" (732.06 KB)
Download: "zebraballs.GLB" (853.96 KB)
OTHER GLBS from this month:
- Download: "Frog.GLB" (2.30 MB)
- Download: "Venusfrag.GLB" (1.01 MB)
- Download: "trapeze.GLB" (1.40 GB)
- Download: "maya.GLB" (1.04 KB)
- Download: "260504C.GLB" (1.05 MB)
- Download: "feltwoman.GLB" (1.04 MB)
- Download: "chrislady.GLB" (1.41 MB)
- Download:"ironlady.GLB" (1.90 MB)
- Download: "exploded.GLB" (1.08 MB)
- Download: "papersitting.GLB" (1.76 MB)
- Download: "cardboarddancers.GLB" (1.73 MB)
- Download: "cardboardfootball.GLB" (1.38 MB)
- Download: "dinopizza.GLB" (821.91 KB)
- Download: "whalecarrier.GLB" (962.92 KB)
- Download: "alebrije1.GLB" (3.79 MB)
- Download: "alebrije2.GLB" (651.00 KB)
- Download: "lizards.GLB" (682.19 KB)
- Download: "javtoad.GLB" (1.65 MB )
- Download: "chimera.GLB" (4.37 MB )
- Download: "mayarope.GLB" (2.60 MB) (made in MESHY)
FAILS
FACES FAIL
However faces come out distorted. MESHY probably does a better job generating 3D files of people.
REDUCTION FAIL
When I reduce the GLB files with the following programs, I lose a lot of the color and texture, in addition to the resolution:
- Free Online GLB Optimizer & Compressor (to reduce the file size)
- GLB Compressor
Perhaps I need to decimate the GLB files in BLENDER.
CLAUDE FAIL
We used Claude from Microsoft Co-pilot to install the TRELLIS GGUF program on a computer with 16 gigs of VRAM, and it worked...eventually.
And when it would not start up again, after a lot of tinkering with Claude, I could revive the TRELLIS GGUF program.
...until I could not. I spent two days trying to revive the TRELLIS GGUF program with Claude, and eventually CLAUDE gave up -- HITTING A WALL:
"I apologize that we hit this wall. Unfortunately, being an early adopter of cutting-edge hardware sometimes means waiting for software to catch p. Would you like me to help document this issue for the Trellis2 project, or explore any other alternatives?"
I might try again with PIXEL 3D:
MARBLE WORLD LABS FAIL
I tried the "Beta" version of "CHISEL" in MARBLE WORLD LABS because it accepts OBJ files to make a 3D world. However after using a lot of my credits, I could not get it to generate anything:
PEER-to-PEER VRAM
I also tried to generate 2D-to-3D on VAST.AI -- which is a peer-to-peer network (like the old Napster) that allows people to run VRAM programs on other people's computers, throughout the world, for about $1.50 an hour. I logged onto computers in Poland, Japan and Texas. I could run ComfyUI, but I was unable to generate any 3D files on the remote computers. I think this is because I could not figure out how to also download the huge AI models to those remote computers. Probably the way to do this is to pack everything one needs in a DOCKER file, and then download that Docker file to the remote computer. However those Docker files would be huge for 3D model generation, and might take forever and cost a lot just to download.
Ultimately the best way to generate 3D objects from 2D images might be to subscribe to MESHY.
FUTURE 3D

















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.