Monday 30 October 2023

October 2023 Summary

Between rantingprintmaking, figure drawings and AI Art, I kept very busy in October 2023.

NO SCUM ALLOWED
  • Apparently the "No Scum Allowed Bar" was conceived in the movie Young Guns

PRINT EXHIBITIONS


The biggest thing in October was the Desert Triangle Print Carpeta reception at the University of Arizona Art Museum in Tucson, on October 24, 2023:





The exhibition even got written up in Hyperallergic:





We started the month in Silver City going to the Southwest Print Fiesta 2023 -- October 6 and 7, 2023 -- where Manny showed one of my AI prints:




Southwest Print Fiesta 2023 -- SUMMARY


Ellie and I hung 88 prints on Monday, October 23rd,  before going to Tucson, for the "Deck the Walls" exhibition at the North Fourth Art Center in Albuquerque. They filled the walls with art for the last blow-out exhibition as the art center will be closing at the end of this year, 2023:




Potato Print Party

We had a potato print party at Ellie's house on October 21, 2023:

AI ART

Vanity lead me to  use Midjourney to blend my drawing with a drawing of Duerer's, and then further tweak it to add a javelina:

(plus javelina)


I generated a bunch of fake drawings in my style with Stability Matrix, on the supercomputer at Quelab:



LLaVA is an AI program that will describe an image after you upload it:


I generated a short AI video in Deforum, of figures based on my drawing style, using the supercomputer at Quelab:



I also enjoy animating my images with PIKA LABS on Discord:



I was really impressed in El Paso when Nefi Duran composed a musical piece from the model's last pose:



RANTS

I started the month with two rants:

Do all my drawings really look the same?

The last figure is AI

All of these figures were generated with AI
from my drawings


ECLIPSE

The sun went into an Annular Eclipse on October 14, 2023 in Albuquerque.  We went to Mountainair to see it:
Deborah checking out the annular eclipse
in Mountainair, New Mexico

Gonzalo Espinosa continues "Taller Sin Miedo" in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico:

"Taller Sin Miedo"
in Puerto Vallarta



SOFTWARE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.