Tuesday 10 October 2023

Southwest Print Fiesta 2023

I went to the Southwest Print Fiesta 2023 in Silver City, New Mexico, on October 6th and 7th:



MANUEL GUERRA put up the 8x8 SHOW and included my AI print:



I was carrying Deborah's cat










On October 4th Adam made some stickers for me with a QR code, which allowed people to see the AR (Augmented Reality), but the process was really arduous.  After scanning the QR code people had to scan my print, and hopefully a 3D tapir would appear in real space, in the smart phone viewer:

QR Code stickers
being printed by Adam at Quelab


I brought a stack of stickers to Silver City,
but didn't pass out many 
to those participating in the print exchange


I saw a lot of Provisional Presses during the Southwest Print Fiesta:



These might work like Henry Morales' letterpress proofing press, which gives us a great print after one pass through. 



John Tollett posted the picture below on his blog.  It's in the "Javelina Viewing Area" outside of El Paso, Texas, featuring the mugs and coasters that he designed, with javelinas:





UPDATE (Nov 7):  Ellie gave me this 8x8 inch scrapbook to store and show the 45 prints I got from the Southwest Print Fiesta Print Exchange 2023:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.