Thursday, 24 September 2026

PROJECTION -- Quelab Dress Rehearsal

After the PROJECTION ART WORKSHOP by Morgan Barnard the previous Saturday-- we projected again in Albuquerque at the Quelab parking lot on September 23rd, 2026, to see which images look best when enlarged:


This is in anticipation for participating in the LIGHT IN MIND event, as part of the COD A SUMMIT -- when they Projection Map on the buildings of the Santa Fe Art Institute on October 1st, 2026:

Santa Fe Art Institute, October 1st, 2026

AI visions (generated in FLOW) of what my figures might look like when projection mapped onto the Santa Fe Art Institute:

AI generated a vision
of my zebra figure projected

Another vision of my AI images
projected on the Santa Fe Art Institute

Animation Fantasy below generated in Midjourney:






IMAGES to PROJECT

I have been generating high contrast black-and-white images, because I think they project the best.  And I especially like the zebra images covered with Turing Patterns:







Other high contrast artistic images looked good too:




TOO COMMERCIAL -- the black-and-white logo-like images projected well, but looked less artistically interesting:





I thought Pavel Acevedo's prints would look good when projected large, since they are black-and-white:

Print by Pavel Acevedo

  • In fact, black-and-white linocuts prints in general might look good when projected large

Also certain color images can look great when projected large -- and I've been generating a lot of these in Midjourney:

We used a "USB C-to-HDMI" set up to project from a cell phone:

USB C to HDMI cords

The cell phone projection only worked fluidly when we project from "Portrait" orientation (as opposed to "Landscape" orientation):


I think the cell phone projections
were smaller

Projecting in "Landscape" orientation
gave us details, rather than the full image



PROJECTING
LIVE AUGMENTED REALITY

Adric projects LIVE AUGMENTED REALITY
from his cell phone

The AUGMENTED REALITY QR CODE big projection
next to the Augmented Reality figure


the projected QR Code
 can be read from the cell phone


Doug read the QR CODE on his phone
and now has the AUGMENTED REALITY figure
on his cell phone


Projected LIVE AUGMENTED REALITY




NOTE: Probably just the more recent cell phones can project the AUGMENTED REALITY figures in the dark...I was having a lot of problems earlier trying to project AUGMENTED REALITY in the low lit areas of the Denver Art Museum

ISSUES and THOUGHTS

My raw figure drawings do not project well -- so I have been alternating them with AI.

My figure drawings
do not look good when projected large

While we did not project any AI Animations, I think they might look good when collaged together with the Projection Mapping Software:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.