Friday 29 September 2023

September Summary 2023

I was very active with both prints and AI Art again in September 2023:


PRINTS

TUCSON

The University of Arizona Art Museum had a Panel Discussion online on Zoom, on September 21st, 2023, about the Desert Triangle Print Carpeta exhibition.  



Olivia Miller, the director of the University of Arizona Art Museum, hosted a panel of Desert Triangle print artists -- Cristina Cardenas, Ramon Cardenas, Manuel Guerra and me.


LAS VEGAS,
 New Mexico

I started the month, on September 1st for the First Friday Gallery Crawl, printing in Las Vegas, New Mexico, and got on the cover of the Las Vegas Optic newspaper the next week.







ALBUQUERQUE

I helped out Henry Morales during his woodblock printmaking workshop at the Gutierrez-Hubbell House in the South Valley of Albuquerque on September 9, 2023:



One of our star printmakers -- Cody Kamrowski -- showed his work during the North Valley Studio Tour in Albuquerque, on September 16th and 17th, 2023:







AI ART

I continued using AI to make art, including AI animations like the YouTube compilation below:



I continued to push my drawings through AI, using the beefy GPU computer at Quelab.  Adam installed a new version of the AI program -- Stability Matrix -- which would generate new versions of figures in my drawing style.  I would upload one of my drawings, and choose an AI model based on my drawing style, to generate infinite versions of fake drawings in my style:







AI animating
one of my older drawings


We are pushing the technology at Quelab, and Adam generated a great AI video on the beefy GPU on the Quelab computer using Deforum:



So I used Deforum and the AI model based on my drawings, to make a short AI video of figures in my drawing style:


I even made a hologram presentation from the AI animation:




DRAWINGS

I also drew, and cheated and used Ken Romig's ink makers to draw:




  • Sad News:  We learned that the North Fourth Art Center will be closing at the end of the year, the last drawing session will be on December 7th


EL PASO


I was in downtown El Paso on September 28, 2023, and saw many wonderful things.

The El Paso Museum of Art framed and hung all the big prints made during the PRINT PACHANGA  on July 27, 2023.  They will be up until January 7, 2024:



Cimi had started a new mural in downtown El Paso:

Cimi standing in front of his
mural-in-process on 4th Ave


One block over, still on 4th Ave, a crew of young artists (whom I didn't know) were also painting a mural:




I just noticed this sculpture of Pancho Villa and General Pershing in front of the newly remodeled hotel downtown, the Paso Del Norte:

Friends before enemies --
Pancho Villa shaking hands with General Pershing


It looks like they were friends before they were enemies:






SOFTWARE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.