Wednesday 27 July 2022

July 25, 2022

 Drawn at Art Buddies in Albuquerque:














PRINT



Kirsten painted a linoleum square.  I think her style will look great as a print:

Kirsten's linoleum before she cut it


This signed piece by Burt Silverman looks like a portrait of Martin Campos.  Martin took us on a trip to see Burt Silverman's exhibition in Taos before he went to Philadelphia about twenty years ago:

Who is this portrait of?
"Less is More"


DRY RIVER

The Rio Grande has no water in it.  On Sunday, July 24th (the day before) I posted a 360° video of the dry riverbed.  Note that there were a few stagnant puddles, but no flowing water in the Rio Grande.  This was taken at the Dolores Huerta bridge, next to the National Hispanic Cultural Center, about a ten minute walk from my house:

In the same spot the Rio Grande was full in January 2021, and I took a picture of this beaver that jumped into the river right in front of me at dusk:

In January 2021 the river was full,
and I took this picture of a beaver

"The noise came from a spot where 13 months earlier I’d seen the biggest beaver I’ve ever seen."

UPDATE (July 27):  The Rio Grande was flowing again on Wednesday, as if nothing had ever dried up:

The Rio Grande was flowing again as usual
by Wednesday


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.