Friday 26 June 2020

Deep Dream Generated Paintings -- Part 1

I applied the styles of some of my old paintings (which I posted on this blog recently), to old drawings from the first 20 drawings in my last book -- in Google's Deep Dream Generator.


*This painting does not exist*
Instagram


To get the digital image above, I remixed the drawing and the painting below:






Note:  To get the results in this blog post, I uploaded the high resolution versions of these drawings to Deep Dream Generator.







I am very pleased with the results.  If the images do not look perfect, they look as unfinished as the paintings, and sometimes even better than the original oil paintings.












The two previous images
combined in Photoshop


***

My paintings blend best with my drawings in Deep Dream Generator, probably because both are by the same hand.  I first noticed this when I remixed my gelli print with one of my drawings in May 2018.



Previously I noticed that work by my favorite artists blended best with my drawings in Deep Dream Generator (though not as well as my paintings do).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.