Wednesday 7 April 2021

April 6, 2021

The Tuesday Night drawing group of Santa Fe drew together online using Zoom, because of the Covid 19 quarantine.

(Webp file)



DADA NYC
Online drawing thread


I have been drawing the live model in Dada NYC, an online community that allows an artist to answer another artist's drawing, ultimately creating a drawing thread.  This night I "answered" two of Holly Grimm's drawings from the same session; and she "answered" one of mine -- all practically in real time:





I applied the style of this drawing,
which I created in Paint 3D,
to my Dada NYC line drawing above






Later John Tollett further improved the piece...


...and it was spotted at the Louvre





Below is another drawing thread, where I "answered" the figure that Holly Grimm drew in the previous pose, on Dada NYC, and then I altered both of our figures in Deep Dream Generator:





DRAWINGS IN PAINT 3D



Download all the "drawings/sculptures" below -- 210406__drawingsGLB.zip (9.94 MB)

All the multiple images below are just different views of the same 3D figure:




These figures were "decimated" in 3D Builder first,
to reduce the size of the 3D file


I used the Grease Pencil function in Blender
to alter a few of the shapes
 in the toothpaste PNG drawing above

Lines added later in Paint 3D


Further altered in Paint 3D
and Photoshop Elements 2021











I used the Blender add-on "Tissue" to make the fuzzy parts of the figure below:


Blender (Tissue add-on)


I imported the figure into SculptGL online, to bend and warp the shapes:








Blender (Tissue add-on)







AUGMENTED REALITY

I made an Augmented Reality scene with three of the figures above, viewable with the Adobe Aero Mobile app:

*Augmented Reality scene*
210406__Drawings (2.68 MB)


John Tollett filmed this Augmented Reality on his iPhone (on April 13th).   Unfortunately he could not enlarge the figures in the Adobe Aero app, so they look like insects:



Lenticular Business cards could preview the Augmented Reality with three images in succession, and one could print the AR Code image on the back of the business cards (could the business cards also double as programmable iBeacons?).

What if someone were to take pictures of my bad Augmented Reality drawings in front of sites all over the world, like they were the gnome sculpture in the movie Amelie:


GLOBAL FANTASY:

DOWNLOAD and alter the 3D file of this scene with three figures -- 210406_three.glb (2.65 MB)

Unfortunately I don't see any way to view the AR scenes in the Oculus or other VR headsets, at least at the moment (how about on Apple AR Glasses, or AR contact lenses?).


DEEP FACE DRAWING

I uploaded my drawing into the DEEP FACE DRAWING demo to see what kind of face it would put out.  There is a Medium article and a Jazza YouTube about this AI program:



3D effects with 2D images



Tanya

Tanya Rich drew with us again, but this time from her home in Florida:





***







3D Printing
It got ugly

I need to start 3D printing my figure drawings at Quelab hackerspace.  The floating parts of my drawings really do not lend themselves to 3D printing.  For instance, I converted the first 3D drawing in this blog post from a GLB to an OBJ file (using Blender), and imported it into Slic3r (the program that generates G code for the 3D printer to use). 

The figure imported fine, as one can see in the top screen grab of the image below.  However when I clicked "Preview," it looks like the 3D printer was going to create the second screen grab.

So I checked the "Generate support material" box in Slic3r.  However the "Preview" didn't look much better.

UGLY
1) the 3D file imported into Slic3r slicing software
2) the print "Preview" (circle with dot in the center)
3) the "Preview" after adding "support material"
*This was not going to print pretty*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.