Thursday 15 October 2020

October 13, 2020

The Tuesday Night drawing group of Santa Fe drew together online using Zoom, because of the Covid 19 quarantine.  The model was from the Washington DC area (on the Virginia side):



















Portrait Painter of the Year 2020

I have to commend the British for cheating so much during the televised Portrait Painter of the Year 2020 series, especially Episode 4.  A good number of the artists painted from their iPads and iPhones while in front of the sitter.



I got wound up and wondered if I could paint an interesting portrait on TV in four hours.  So I took a screen capture of one of the models and tried:




I produced a drawing in less than an hour, and cheated my own way by coloring it using Deep Dream Generator.

My drawing altered by AI, 


I doubt that the British would accept anything as unconventional as my drawing portrait.



San Carlos 1989

My painting friend from grad school, Fausto Igor Galvez Buenfil, sent me this photo below via Instagram.  It is in front of my painting in the studio of Maestro Luis Perez Flores, at the Academia de San Carlos in the center of Mexico City.  I painted that canvas from life on the roof of that art school (though the figure came from a reference book of models).




I also studied in the studio of Maestro Antonio Salazar Bañuelos at San Carlos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.